We are the Ones -and- Canadian Tables

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Fri Oct 20 19:42:23 PDT 2006

Hi, dear Eric -

You wrote:

Many thanks for the reminder of the "Message from Hopi Elders". Your

post also brought back a very vivid memory of one of the young women

from Estonia (Kairi?) reading this to those gathered in the circle at

the Halifax OSONOS. What's with Canadian tables?

Yes, the marvelous Kairi Birk of Estonia read this to us in our circle at
the 2005 OSonOS in Halifax, Canada.  I bow to you, Kairi.  I bow to you,
Hopi elders.

Canadian tables, eh?

Long rectangular (or whatever shape you can get, I suppose) tables (without
their legs folded out) laid tall-wise up against / along a wall, their faces
facing into the room, creating a fake wall.  Or with one set of legs folded
out but not the other, and those laid up tall-wise with that one set of legs
being their 'stand' so they don't have to be laid up against the wall.  Or a
set of tables in their 'normal' position, all pushed up along the wall, and
another set of tables opened up and laid on their sides *on top* of those
tables, with their faces facing the room.

I bow to Canada.

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator