SV: Next Generation

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Fri Oct 6 13:38:17 PDT 2006

Harrison Owen
Michael You said, " i would say that i think there is *definitely* a next
generation of ost... and another and another... but it's not the *process*
that's changing -- it's the facilitator!"

I think that is a marvelous insight! It is certainly true for me. The
essentials of OST, and the way I "do" them has changed so little in 20 years
(with the exception of some ommissions -- several things I thought of NOT to
do) that it seems almost frozen. Had it been anything else, we would have
now been on version 22.5 -- and the truth of the matter is that I am really
at 1.0. Well maybe 1.2 or 3 :-)

But the same cannot be said for me. Still feels like me, but hardly the
person I saw in the mirror 20 years ago. Bigger, broader, spacious,
comfortable -- I like it! Was it all OST? Probably not, but much of it
happened in, or thanks to, OST.

It is journey I would covet for anybody. And truth to tell setting new
people on that journey, at least getting them to the head of the trail, is
probably the only reason I still "do" Open Space. Sounds odd I guess, but
turning people on to themselves and their world is magic -- hopefully for
them, and definitely for me.

Thanks Michael.

Harrison

7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20854
Phone 301-365-2093
Skype hhowen
Personal website www.ho-image.com
OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the
archives Visit: www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html