Immigration OST

Wendy Farmer-O'Neil wendy at xe.net
Thu May 18 12:50:57 PDT 2006

Chris wrote:

>They take leadership in opening space through community OST meetings, with
well-crafted action-planning components, and also in ensuring that ongoing
web-based collaboration tools are in place and maintained.  The sponsoring
teams also take leadership in keeping the invitation flowing, or you might
say "sustaining diversity."<

Chris,
Could you talk a bit more about the web-based collaboration tools you are
using?  How are you addressing digital divide/access issues?

I am doing work in my community fostering ongoing OS-based dialogue circles
dealing with sustainability, social justice, community economic development,
grassroots action, etc. I have found that there is a sector of the group
with passion for these issues who are intentional
non-internet/non-technology users.  Have you encountered this? If yes, what
strategies are working for you in keeping these folks in the flow?

Thanks,
Wendy