are peacemakers treasure hunters for collaboration gold?

Chris Macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Wed May 31 12:35:13 PDT 2006

I am playing with the metaphor that many of us who want to change the world
are in effect treasure mapmakers for collaboration gold. Unlike all previous
gold hunts, collaboration gold involves everyone winning who finds it. When
you start to ask what types of collaboration gold are there, what comes first
to your mind? Children's education formats, preventing spread of diseases,
cross cultural celebrations...? deeper practice context interventions such as
these 16 whose dvds I'm viewing http://www.ashokastore.org/store/index.cfm?
fuseaction=page.display&page_id=18

I am guessing two things:
1) A very large number of open spaces are about collaboration gold if only we
could catalogue/guide a common language of themes

2) That while peace is a nice word it undersells itself to precisely those who
believe gold is what makes the world go round

Anyone want to take this idea further - eg make a mark on our children's
education format map at http://www.frappr.com/younghubs or help explore the
story further

cheers
chris macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk