New project in Italy (and Europe) that might interest open spacers (longish email)

Amanda Bucklow amanda at FACILIT8.COM
Sun May 21 05:51:03 PDT 2006

Greetings gentlepersons!

I would like to flag up a new project (it has been 'renewing' for about 10
years now and just keeps renewing!) It is entirely open space, disarmingly
fluid and we don't know exactly where we are going but we do know we are
definitely going there...

We have created a Map of Imagination which is a virtual map of the World
with journeys tracing ancient stories with archetypal meaning for humankind.
The resonance of those stories create 'songlines' and along those songlines
are 'storygardens'. These are literally 'open spaces' where open space happens.

The hosts are storygardeners. Storygardeners are people who don't easily fit
into any kind of box. There is a simple code which is respect for the
'other' in creating the whole. They are very good at creating open space and
hosting in the spirit of serious fun or funny seriousness, discovery and
conflict resolution.

The central storygarden is north of Rome at the home of Bernard Anson and
his family (my friend and business partner). We recently published a book
about the project and some of the archetypal stories that have lead us to
this point which are not generally available in the history books. Carmen
Via - Journey in the songlines of Italy.

From 9 - 11 June we have a celebration at Borl in Slovenia. This is open
space for people who want to spend time on their own story and how that
might connect better (or not!) to a wider community of likeminded people.
The hosts are Dado (storygardener and author), myself (storygardener, from
Hero to Host), Miha Pogacnik (Cultural ambasador for Slovenia and
spectacular violinist), David Pearl (magical opera and theatre creator),
Michael Spencer (magical musician), Margaret Wheatley (host and storyteller,
author). Borl is the ancestral home of the story of Parsifal.

If this is of interest to you, you can find more information on
www.carmenvia.com and specifically www.carmenvia.com/borl2006.html.

We would be delighted if you would like to join us. Registration is Euro 500
plus a story!

with very best wishes for all your work and play.

Amanda