os russian

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Thu May 18 01:13:42 PDT 2006

Greetings fellow space-holders!

I have had the intention for a while to offer an hour (or so) class in OS Russian for anyone interested and in particular for those coming to the OSonOS August 4-6.

I think any space-holder worth her temple bells coming to Moscow would want to know how to say:

- facilitator
- temple bells
- topic
- OST meeting
- Open Space Technology
- Harrison Owen
- the four principles
- law of two feet
- convergence
- emergence
- self-organizing systems
- OSonOS
- Welcome to OS!
- organizational transformation
- Spirit
- grief cycle
- organizational life cycle
- Hi, I'm _____, I hold space for a living
- the four practices
- zapchen somatics
- large group intervention tools
- conscious open space organizations
- givens
- community weaving
- circles of change
- OS list
- expanding our now
- "Training and consulting are quaint 20th century practices."
- appreciative inquiry

in Russian.

For those not coming to the OSonOS but see the potential swirling for participation in a future OS-related event, I'd love to see you on the call too!

Of course, we can also cover things like

- Excuse me, where's the bathroom?
- thank you
- hello
- my name is...

Offhand, I was thinking this could be sometime June 3rd and June 4th at any time. First, though, I would like to see where the interest is.

I have suggested offlist that it might be helpful to remind yourself the Cyrillic alphabet. It should take, I imagine, about 3 hours? A letter a day keeps the doctor away?

Of course, This call could be an opportunity to answer any practical (or impractical) questions about coming to Moscow.

One more practical note: those thinking about coming to the OSonOS, I think it is best to budget up to a month to get a Russian visa. Still a month and a half to make a decision!

Warmly,
raffi