Open Space Organizations

Jimmy Pryor Jimmy at sunbody.com
Wed May 17 10:04:21 PDT 2006

I am currently reviewing the function and process of the Nominations
Committee of our Friends Meeting. Currently, the main function of this
committee is to nominate clerks (chairs) of the various committees.

I am curious as to the experience that any of you may have in using Open
Space principles in the composing and functioning of committees in
organizations.  For instance, the "Law of Two Feet" would suggest to me
that those interested in the work of a particular committee be the ones
that do it, and that if no one volunteers, perhaps the committee should be
abandoned.

Any thoughts,
Jimmy Pryor