Report writing technologies : some answers.

louise veneziali at yahoo.ca
Sat May 13 07:09:59 PDT 2006

    In answer to my question about report writing technologies  here is a summary of what I received. I wanted to regroup under one post so it  is easily searchable on the list.

      Harrison sent me to his book :  Open Space Technology : a user’s guide. I found  on Chapter III, page 39 The Electronic Connection
      About word processing   and database the information is very usefull. And plainly photocopy handwritten  reports is a good way to go too. Unfortunately, when it comes to Computer  Conferencing and Multisite Open Space Events, I could no find de references on  the net : Caucus II, MetaNet or MetaSystem Design Group, but it brings me to  the other answers I received...

      Here is what Thomas Herrmann sent me : “I usually only use  Word format and make a template on each computer, with some headers such as:  Topic, Convenor, Participants, Summary of the meeting, Next step.
      Regarding collecting all the reports it´s well outlined in  HO´s book (if you use floppys) and we recently had an interesting discussion  regarding the use of USB-sticks (search the archives on USB I think would do  it). But anyway somehow you have to make sure no reports are lost.”

Then Michael Herman wrote me “My standard is Word.  My emerging preference is to use a weblog, though... especially when the group wants the proceedings to be the

beginning of a wave of working together, rather than the end of an

event.  My favorite blogging platform is WordPress (www.wordpress.org)

which is free, open source, but does require having a website set up.

www.blogger.com offers free blogging and free hosting, so any group

can have an open space conference website and ongoing work/news space

for free.  setup takes just minutes, too, making it accessible to

many, even professed non-techies.”

      And Christine Whitney Sanchez wrote “for an example of an  online interactive reporting model you might want to go to http://www.girlscouts.org/convention/view_conversation.asp?catid=1.”

      Thank you all !

      Louise  Brissette
  louise at ipsai.net
  ipsai.net
  Un leadership créateur pour une écologie du travail

En finir avec le spam? Yahoo! Courriel vous offre la meilleure protection possible contre les messages non nollicités
http://mail.yahoo.ca Yahoo! Courriel