multiple conferences on top of one another

Ted Ernst ted at chicagohumanist.org
Wed May 3 22:39:15 PDT 2006

A while back, I asked about experiences doing more than one conference
in the same conference center, and talked about an idea some of us in
Chicago (Michael Herman among them) of literally sharing the same OS
circle and agenda wall among two or more networks.  Well, we have
another draft of an invitation, with two groups.  It seems we need one
or two more for balance:
http://www.omidyar.net/group/conference/ws/invitationsimultaneous/
(badly named page will change by the time we're done)

I also wanted to share another open space experiment in the works.
OSCON is the Open Source Convention and is a 2500 person $1000 each
afair.  OSCamp is for everyone else (free space donated by OSCON).
Here's a very drafty link (http://oscamp.org/InviteGroups) to a plan
that basically says (taylored to each group) "OScamp is an open event
we think you'd like.  We know the carrier pigeon society hasn't met in
a while.  Why don't you bring the whole gang and meet in this larger
open space gathering"

So while for the omidyar.net gathering, we're attempting to put all of
the various invitations on one page with a unifying sentence, OSCamp
is going the other way and tayloring the invite to each group, while
letting them know that their group will only be a small part of
something much larger and more wonderful.

Imagine the cross-pollenizations!

peace,
ted

--