Access Queen repeats the info about sending requests for funding to get to OSonOS

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Thu May 4 11:35:41 PDT 2006

Hello again dear royal subjects -

A reminder about funding proposals. This was included in my previous message
but I just want to repeat it to highlight it for those of you who must act
quickly to seek funding support from multiple sources.  This is the approach
that is preferred by most funders as an indication of your intention,
commitment and ability to outreach and form community around your needs.

Note: if any of you have additional ideas for sources for funding, or if you
are with an organization or an institute that is offering funding please
feel free to post that in a message to all of us here on the OSLIST.

A sample of a request for funding can be found at:

 <http://www.openspaceworld.org/wiki/wiki/wiki.cgi?AccessQueenKing>
http://www.openspaceworld.org/wiki/wiki/wiki.cgi?OpenSpaceInstituteUSA/Acces
sQueenKing

To fill this out see the actual costs of registration, accommodation and
ground transport on the  <http://www.openspaceworld.org/osonos>
http://www.openspaceworld.ru/ann-eng.html   site.  And if you have any
questions about all that you can contact the OSonOS Moscow team at
raffi at bk.ru  or  info at openspaceworld.ru

The Open Space Institute of the US is offering some funding support - again,
not for all your expenses, so decide what portion you would like to ask
support for.

You can use the example proposal I mention above and also be sure to include
how your request fits within the guidelines of OSI(US) funding activities:
Add to your proposal some writing explain to them the following 3 things:

*         how your experience coming to the OSonOS will help support
underserved areas;

*         how you will utilize your experience to reach multiple people upon
your return home; and let them know also

*         that you will make a commitment to post on our OSLIST the story of
your OS experience.

For proposals sent to OSI(US) (at usa at openspaceworld.org ) please be sure to
send in your request for support by *before* June 19; it is
first-come-first-serve so the sooner you get this in, the greater chance you
have -- in the words of the OSI-US Board of Directors, "The early bird gets
the worm when it comes to financial aid".  Which means - send your proposal
in to them as soon as you can and *you* will be the bird that gets the
(financial) worm !

Another funding site that may offer travel funds for women, specifically,
who are self-initiating projects in womens' rights and inclusion is Mama
Cash:

http://www.mamacash.nl/english/  - this funding cycle may take months so
contact them NOW.

Keep sharing those ideas with all of us at the OSLIST.

I know you will get to Moscow !  (hmm.does this sound like a Chekov play?)

Cheers,

L i s a   H e f t (also known as Access Queen)

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator

O p e n i n g  S p a c e

 <mailto:lisaheft at openingspace.net> lisaheft at openingspace.net

 <http://www.openingspace.net> www.openingspace.net