my work of tonight

Tree Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 06:55:18 PST 2006

Ted, I send you an affectionate hug and I, too, remind you to breath.
There, there, honey pie.

I read your blog post on this contretemps, Ted, and I am now sitting here
with questions for you.

Could you as an individual have given yourself permission to be in open
space throughout the evening? And if so, what might that have looked and
felt like?

I am tempted to expound on my own answers to these questions but right now,
Ted, these questions are for you.

On 3/21/06, Ted Ernst <ted at chicagohumanist.org> wrote:

> Thanks Lisa, Joelle and Funda,
>
> By the way, one point I forgot to mention on my blog (I'll have to go
> back and add it), is that I had the paper and markers in the middle of
> the circle before the abrupt shift in plans, and the Law and
> Principles on the wall.
>
> Near the end, someone who han't been at the previous meeting when we
> had the Principles up and explained asked me about them.  I answered
> that it wasn't the time to talk about them because I couldn't think of
> any way to talk about them without bringing up the abrupt change in
> plans, and that just didn't feel right to me.  I just wasn't up for
> any sort of confrontation.
>
> Oh well, whatever happens is the only thing that could have. :-)
>
> peace,
> ted
>
> On 3/21/06, Funda Oral <fundaoral at ttnet.net.tr> wrote:
> > "What do you do when the
> > sponsor wants to back out at the last minute?"
> >
> > kill him/her ::))
> >
> > or
> >
> > say to myself that " whatever has happened was the only thing that could
> > have"
> >
> > and "she/he has good reasons to do that whether i understand or not
> > whether i accept or not"
> >
> > and
> >
> > i turn my back and i move to another direction
> > and i am curious to see what happens next.
> >
> > ok i accept that it's not that easy, but i try to do that about anything
> > that doesn't happen as i expected.
> >
> > regards,
> > Funda

Warmly,
Tree Fitzpatrick
Hearthkeeper for Evolutionary Salons

NOTICE: This communication is intended to be confidential to the person to
whom it is addressed and is subject to copyright protection.  If you are not
the intended recipient or if you are unable to deliver this communication to
the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, or show it to any other
person, but notify the sender immediately.  Thank you.