Follow up of OS

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Sat Mar 18 13:24:32 PST 2006

Bea--

I've found that three hours works well for a post-OS meeting.   Every one is
different, and they are usually quite intense work sessions.

Every follow-up meeting is different, some clients may have a single meeting,
others have met regularly for months to make sure that recommendations and
initiatives from the Open Space are carried on.

Often, I begin by passing a talking piece to let participants say whatever
they wish to say.   Then I invite them to propose topics for discussion, as they
did in Open Space.   If the group is not too large, they may wish to discuss
the topics sequentially, as a group, and they may wish to begin with topics
they feel are especially important or urgent.   These almost always lead to
action steps, and I encourage them to decide "WHO will do WHAT by WHEN" to
accomplish the action steps.

A question that I often hear from participants in these follow-up meeting is
"What do we want to be doing differently now, after the Open Space?"   For me,
that is always an exciting discussion.

As Tree suggested, there will be time to do what is important.

Joelle Everett
Sound Resources
Shelton, Washington, USA