open space and 'sustainability' education?

Diane Brandon diane.brandon at comcast.net
Thu Mar 16 09:00:07 PST 2006

Patricia, thanks for this - I'm going to listen in for an hour today.

I'd be curious (feel free to take it off list if it's not on topic for
this list) to hear what people think about "common person"
understanding of "education for sustainable development"?

I know what it is, but when I think of laymen's language, it's pretty
meaningless. child development? software development? housing
developments? natural resource development? which kind(s) of
development? all of them? who can think about that?!!

Most people I use the phrase with just glaze over - they don't bother
asking those questions.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Diane
(working with an ESD project)