co-located open space events

Gerard Muller gm at openspace.dk
Fri Mar 10 07:25:30 PST 2006

Hello Ted,

I have tried that three times.

The first were two events where the two groups had little to do with
eachother,
two facilitators.

The second was two paralel sessions (though the only two at that point)
in an international
conference. two facilitators, but ............. one closing circle.

The last, last month, two sessions which I both facilitated, starting
the one half an hour before the other,
having a wall largely made of doors and glass, and ending with a joint
closing circle.
In this last case the two issues were related, but the solution which
emerged from my conversations with the sponsor was to have two paralel
sessions, but to have a joint closing.
In both openings I told the group there was another going on at the
other side of the wall, and
- that they were welcome to open the door and look at the other agenda;
- and join a discussion there, too.

In the two events which were connected we had one set of computers, and
one coffee/tea/lunch area.

Greetings from the snow,

Gerard Muller
Open Space Institute Denmark