some recent bigotry on this list

Diane Brandon diane.brandon at comcast.net
Tue Mar 7 05:40:03 PST 2006

Hi All,

This is an educational conversation.

My thoughts:

When I get angry and "yell" (whether in tone or volume) at someone, I
figure I've "lost it" -- lost my centeredness. I'm emotionally and
intellectually upset. I've lost some control of my behavior. I'm
afraid, angry. Someone has stepped on my toes, as one saying goes. This
is relative to my valuing being calm and rational. (We native New
Englanders have a culture of reserve, as you probably know!) I feel
emotionally unstable at that point. I don't have any mental illness
"diagnosis" -- and the word "unstable" is an okay name for how I am
when angry. Okay for me.... but I'm hearing it's not okay for some
others.

Diane