Introduction in an OS-meeting

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Wed Mar 29 12:55:44 PST 2006

Dear friends in Open Space
Today Eva P Svensson and myself facilitated the first day of our
OS-training. 10 increadible participants with so much wisdom. We used OST
for half of the day and I was lucky to get the chance to participate in the
rich conversations and got many interesting gifts I´d like to share. If you
have any experiences or ideas to share I´d love to hear them. I will bring
them back tomorrow morning to share the value of this marvellous
OS-list(that gives you 8 hours to respond;-)).

In almost all OS-meetings I´ve facilitated the sponsor has started off
welcoming the participants and addressing the theme etc. Not always it has
been perfect. Today I received the idea from one of our participants to
start off by having an open dialogue with the sponsor by asking each other
some questions and talking openly in front of the participants. For example:
What do you want with this day/days? Why did you choose OST as the meeting
format? I think the idea is brilliant and I will try this asap.
Did you try this? What do you think?? Do you have any ideas regarding this
conversation?

Another thing we talked about in that session was "first impression". How
much of a difference can the opening make? Creating a climate of trust,
openness gives motivation, energy, creativity which inspires action which
creates effects. What and how I say things does matter! Any reflections
regarding this will be highly appreciated too.

Another important aspect we talked about in that session is the importance
of how people are taken care of when they arrive on site.
Warmest regards
Thomas Herrmann         Phone +46 (0)709-98 97 81
Open Space Consulting   Fax   +46 (0)300-713 89
Pensévägen 4
434 46 Kungsbacka, Sweden
Email: thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
www.openspaceconsulting.com