Monthly stammtisch, San Francisco Bay Area

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Fri Mar 3 11:03:56 PST 2006

Hi, all -

Michael Pannwitz wrote:

<As I see there have been announcements in my mail box of stammtisch
meetings in Hong Kong, Uppsala, Paris,Bielefeld, New York (Greenwich
Village), Augsburg, Halifax...

Love to see some bits and pieces about what happened at the stammtische...>

I host a monthly breakfast stammitch in Berkeley, California where
facilitator-folks come from all around the San Francisco Bay Area.  The
March "Fabulous Facilitators" 'pot-luck' breakfast meeting (everyone brings
some food or drink to share) will be Monday, March 20 from 9:00am to 11:00am
at my home.  Included are folks who do Open Space, Appreciative Inquiry,
Future Search, question circles, graphic facilitation and things without
names, too!

Contact me if you would like more information on these monthly breakfasts
for people interested in group facilitation.

Our February stammitch (this last Monday) covered topics such as (not
specific to Open Space but to facilitation work in general):

-          working with clients who *say* they want to invite co-creation -
and then take over at the last part of the event to control and decide on
their own

-          working on a team of facilitators - not all of whom you have met
or worked with previously - when one has a very different approach to design

-          facilitating a too-little-time retreat when a Board of Directors
is experiencing huge issues of conflict

-          helping potential clients visualize the stepping stones of tasks
and continued work so they can see how to incorporate those increments into
their budget (for task, time and facilitator)

-          helping an organization name large and scary issues, step back
and see their struggles in a larger context, or remember how much they are
accomplishing even amidst hard times

-         working using co-creative, participant-driven process like Open
Space with amazing leaders in even the most hierarchal organizations

Sometimes what everyone brings creates a full breakfast - one time last
Spring everyone brought cantelope (melon) and blueberries!  Everyone!  It's
always tasty and interesting - both the food and the conversation.

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator

O p e n i n g  S p a c e