SV: Design question for an OS-meeting (PRETTY LONG)

Henri Lipmanowicz henri.lipmanowicz at verizon.net
Fri Jun 30 23:45:57 PDT 2006

Michael,

I offer my experience with café as a possible alternative to your
storytelling session. I used it at the start a chaordic design workshop. I
would personally consider using it in front of an Open Space session if
there were strong reasons to believe that there was one new big issue or
topic that was a common concern for all participants but not clearly related
to the OS theme/issue/question. If this concern still needed for some
participants to spill over into the OS session, it would, but with the
benefit of a prior conversation that involved all participants. The café
format is just a very easy one to use and it engages everyone in
conversation in a group of people within minutes. I may have been lucky but,
so far, using it selectively, I haven’t had bad experiences.

Henri

     "On n'entend bien qu'avec le coeur"    Le Petit Prince