SV: Design question for an OS-meeting (PRETTY LONG)

Henri Lipmanowicz henri.lipmanowicz at verizon.net
Thu Jun 29 20:16:32 PDT 2006

Thomas,

I have used conversation café on a couple of occasions right at the
beginning of workshops when it was evident that there was fresh pain from
some recent bad news. The thought was: if we don't deal with this issue
upfront it will be on the mind of all, will be the talk during breaks and
meals and will poison the workshop. We had tables of 5 for an hour or so and
then sharing main points from each table with the whole group. It worked
like a charm. It gave space for all to talk about what was on their mind and
to put the issue behind them. To my surprise the "painful issue" didn't
resurface for the rest of the workshop. All participants were able to jump
into the workshop and have a grand time.
There was great appreciation on the part of all that such a space had been
provided for them to talk freely about what was on their mind.

Henri

     "On n'entend bien qu'avec le coeur"    Le Petit Prince