Design question for an OS-meeting

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.de
Wed Jun 28 02:29:01 PDT 2006

Dear Thomas,
along the suggestion of Chris:
I do not think that prioritization gives the group much of a clue where
the energy is...the data I have to substantiate this comes from many
convergence activities (delphi, family groupings, etc.) where the
"projects" people eventually choose ot work on are not congruent with
the priorities if they have space to voice their "projects" in a new
round introducing the action planning.

Seems to me you might give more time for open space issues, that is,
print the reports over the weekend and do the action planning with those
that come Monday, thats where the passion/energy might be.

For the closing part of the open space you might have a "reading and
augmentation" gallery...here people go up to the news wall, read all the
posted report and add new ideas, questions, comments, action suggestions
on A4 sheets next to each report sheet. These augmentation sheets then
enter the book of proceedings along with the reports.

And, why do you do the "story telling"? What data do you have to make
that necessary? Could story telling not be the issue of some and then
they could offer that (with the possibility that all go to that session
or none or some).

Have fun!
Greetings from Berlin
mmp