Granular space

Harrison Owen hhowen at adelphia.net
Fri Jun 23 12:20:36 PDT 2006

Granular spaceGranular space in the Big Open. I like it. Although to get the full impact, I suspect we really have to talk about space/time, especially when wandering through Montana and North Dakota. It is not just space, but rather space flowing in time -- on a very different time scale than our daily lives, but time none the less. And Yes we may experience it as "timeless" -- or space standing still -- but you are so, so right. It is all in motion. Coming and going in a very big Now. Poetics for sure, but I also think we have the opportunity to experience the same seemless flow of time/space every time we Open Space, and our capacity to fully appreciate that Open Space is directly related to sensing the time/space flow. I guess an experieince such as you had Ralph is so overpowering that you really can't miss it -- as all too often we may miss the same experieince in the hubbub of the standard OS. Thanks!

Harrison
Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Dr.
Potomac, MD  20854