Business 2.0: The do-it-yourself conference - Jun. 6, 2006

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.de
Thu Jun 8 01:49:46 PDT 2006

Dear List,
the following is being quoted in the unconference discussion as the
Law of Two Feet:
"Any person neither learning from nor contributing to a group discussion
must walk to another one."
That tries to restate the Law as a rule,
which perhaps is not so bad because I imagine people will do whatever
they think is right, anyway, like not go to another group but take a
walk or leave the conference or hang out at the bar.
My way of introducing the Law (and, of course, I sternly insist that it
is a Law and therefore must be obeyed):
"Ich ehre die Gruppe mit meiner Abwesenheit, wenn ich weder was lerne
noch was beitrage. Wenn ich was lerne, bleibe ich. Wenn ich was
beitrage, auch. Aber wenn weder noch, dann ehre ich nicht nur die Gruppe
sondern besonders auch mich selbst, wenn ich an einen Ort gehe, der für
mich produktiver ist"
Here in English:
"I honor a group with my absence when I neither learn nor contribute. If
I can learn, I stay. If I can contribute, I stay. If neither is the case
I honor both the group and especially myself if I look for a more
productive place for me to be at."

Greetings from Berlin, see you in Moscow
mmp

Gail West wrote:

> CNNmoney <http://www.cnnmoney.com>
> Powered by 	  <javascript:
> window.open('http://www.clickability.com/1771.html','','toolbar=no,
> width=475, height=600, resizable=1, scrollbars=0'); void('');>
>
>  * Please note, the sender's email address has not been verified.
>

> CNN Money talks about "unconferences" and posting author Harrison Owen's
> Law of Two Feet: Any person neither learning from nor contributing to a
> group discussion must walk to another one.
>

>   	Click the following to access the sent link:
>

> Business 2.0: The do-it-yourself conference - Jun. 6, 2006
> <http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=viewThis&etMailToID=1594705933>*
>

>   	SAVE THIS link
> <http://www.savethis.clickability.com/st/saveThisPopupApp?clickMap=saveFromET&partnerID=2200&etMailToID=1594705933>
> 	FORWARD THIS link
> <http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=forward&etMailToID=1594705933&partnerID=2200>
>

> Get your EMAIL THIS Browser Button and use it to email information from
> any Web site.
> <http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=browserButtons>
>

>   	*This article can also be accessed if you copy and paste the entire
> address below into your web browser.
> http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/05/technology/business2_unconference0606/index.htm?cnn=yes

> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49-30-772 8000
www.boscop.de   www.michaelmpannwitz.de

Check out the new Open Space World Map now with 401 resident Open Space
Workers in 67 countries (working in a total of 122 countries worldwide)
www.openspaceworldmap.org