my second space in istanbul

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Fri Jun 2 02:54:21 PDT 2006

Aart,
I really enjoyed meeting you. And some of the words and stories from
our Goan conversations found their way here. There was much richness
and more importantly, honesty there.

I am not sure that when we enter the space without thoughtfulness and
grace that the space collapses onto itself. I have seen so many juicy
examples of people, some of them really respected here, doing the
darnedest things, calling it Open Space Technology, and it all, well, working.
And would you believe it, Aart, somehow in all the messiness some
people got so turned on that they went on to space-hold and did a
pretty good job of it without the juiciness because they had a pretty darned good mentor: me
<toothy grin>.

Some of the juiciness I've witnessed:

1. not walking the circle

2. telling people they're going to be part of a really kewl process
called os

3. going from session to session telling people it's time to move on

and my personal favorite-
4. deciding which reports should go into the proceedings. I thought it
was soooo kewl when my report did not make it into the proceedings. I
guess I'm just not forward-thinking enough to do os this way. <grin>

add your own?

warmly,
raffi