The YearlyKos Convention

Heidi blissing at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 12 22:25:39 PDT 2006

Hi there, I don't post much here, but I was just at the YearlyKos
convention in Las Vegas--I'm calling it my blind date with 1000+
people--and it was amazing.  Even I was expecting a lot of animosity
amongst attendees, as the DailyKos.com blog is political and we argue
a lot. Instead, our passions united us.  I have never been to a
convention where I felt so strongly that we would truly implement
everything we talked about.  It was a peak life experience for me,
and I've had a lot of them!

Anyway, the planning for next year is going to start soon and I, of
course, want to pull for Open Space.  BTW, it was organized solely by
volunteers who had never done anything like this before, and it was
completely professional.  So, how do I do it?  I think the way Markos
runs the DailyKos website is a lot like OST.  Everyone gets to post
one diary every day.  The most popular ones rise to the top.  We had
some great panelists there, and I'm sure we/they would want to do the
same next year, but how do I invite in some OST?

Thanks in advance!

Heidi