innovative organizations--and community

Frank Deitle commoikos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 12:22:58 PDT 2006

Marei,

you said:
"PS: Where are you located, Frank? I couldn't anything about you on the
page."

At the moment I am in Bethel, Alaska visiting my dad and experiencing the
wonderful open space of the tundra and the Kuskokwim river. I will be
returning to Massachusetts next week where I may be working with a rural
environmental education program center in the position of caretaker/lodge
coordinater--a position with which I see much potential to integrate OST
tools into day to day operations and community life. More on those ideas
later...

and:
"PPS: What does commoikos mean?"

"Commoikos" comes from the Latin "com" meaning "together" and the Greek
"oikos" meaning "home" ("oikos" is where we get the prefix "eco" from as in
ecology--the study of home). Thus commoikos means "home together" which is
what I conceive universal enlightenment to be like... coming home together.

Peace,
Frank