Doing it all in one day?

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Wed Jul 26 20:58:05 PDT 2006

Ralph--

Sounds good to me.   I think you just made this up, and it works.

For many years, in various types of facilitation, I have asked the group to
list common themes.   My followup on this is a bit like re-opening the space
for action:   I put the themes on flip charts, but instead of voting, just turn
up a clean page and ask the group what they might want to do in response to
these themes.   Most groups will identify a manageable list of actions they
would like to take, and can go on to take responsibilities.

When I am asked to do something in one day, I generally work out with the
client how we will have reports in the hands of participants by the end of the
next business day.   Just this in itself is a big surprise to people, one more
way of signalling that this kind of meeting is something new.

Joelle