question on residential OS

Marty Boroson marty at becomingme.com
Tue Jul 11 00:56:01 PDT 2006

Hello all

I am planning an OS for a conference that will involve about 80 people
staying a beautiful hotel in the country for 3.5 days.  Day 1  will probably
be lectures and workshops.  Days 2 - 4 will be an Open Space, and we will
probably opt to have one theme or question for this entire period, leading
to some kind of action planing on Day 4.

My question is what to do with the evenings of Day 2 and 3, after supper.
Should we have "evening news" before supper, suggesting that our day's work
is over?  Should we schedule social events for these evenings?  Or should we
keep the space "fully open" and have breakout slots in the evening?   In
other words, in an ongoing Open Space, when participants are residential,
when is the day done?

Many thanks,

Marty