from Evgeniya Shamis

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Tue Jul 4 14:38:07 PDT 2006

Dear colleagues,

Below is a message from professional Moscow/Cheboksary spaceholder
Evgeniya Shamis.

Parenthetically, just home from a mini-OS (3 hours) at a club for
corporate trainers today where I ran a July 4th "presentation" of
OST-- "My development as a trainer: issues and exciting opportunities.
(what better way to celebrate Independence Day of the Autonomous
Republic of Bushastan?) The mini-OS included a second OS where one
participant volunteer spaceheld a question and answer session on OS.
Yummy.

enjoy. synkairosically,
raffi

______________________

My name is Evgeniya Shamis, I am General director of PERSONNEL TOUCH
Training and Consulting Bureau (Moscow, Russia). Besides management,
consultancy and training, I teach at Academy of National Service under
the Government of Russian Federation (MBA, Bachelor programs) - try to
combine practical and theoretical issues and approaches.

About OS and me

The first time I heard about OS was in 1998 when I was chosen as one
of the participants for OS Conference in Berlin. That was "OS on OS",
with Harrison Owen telling about the method and the majority of German
participants. That was wonderful and gave me lots of ideas.

The method impressed me so much that very soon after the event I
started to use it in various activities in my training work.
Especially when number of participants was over 100. Actually the
largest group I was working with had more than 300 people in it, it
was Murmansk region (part of Russia next to Finland and Norway). The
last usage of OS was in Vladivostok - that's the Far East of Russia
close to China and Japan. And number of participants was relatively
small - about 20. But the goal was a bit different.

What I like in OS - possibilities of modification, openness of people
and their exchange of ideas. In my work of a business
trainer-consultant I see lack of communication and normal information
exchange as one of important problems. At all levels. љAnd here -
magic comes.

OS in Moscow

I am very glad that this year OS Conference will be held in Moscow.
There are several reasons for that:

1) Russia is actually a great place to talk in general. We have the
magic inside the country of developing ideas - kind of close
connection with nature.

2) Now people are ready for conscious understanding of OS and using
it. My observations on the culture in business, NGO, society in
generalљ - that we have plenty of methods for our life and work, and
now it's the time when we can choose why and when we should implement
concrete instrument.

3) Our people will get information on the method from not one person
who comes, but will be able to increase their knowledge looking from
different angles. That leads to future usage.

4) We have excellent magic Russian ... chocolate (seriously, try it -
good, dark like Swiss) :)

Besides - Moscow and Russia is a great place. Something which is worth
seeing, especially with good people around.

My recommendations:

1) try to stay couple of more days and see a bit of the country (not
only Moscow and Saint-Petersburgh but may be towns in the so called
Golden Ring of Russia - that's close to Moscow). 2) It is safe in the
city. But as usually like in all megapolices it's better not to go to
some parts of the city alone late at night. You are going to be in the
center mainly, so I don't see it as a problem. 3) I would recommend to
learn Russian alphabet in order to read directions, names of stations
in Moscow Subway (we call it Metro) - they don't put them in English.
4) Concerning cuisine - that's one of the greatest places to try a
number of them. Both Russian, Caucasian (meaning Georgian,
Armenian,Azerbajanian), of Uzbekistan and other southern countries, of
Tatars. Actually a whole excursion can be made via our cafes and
restaurants - they have a plot, a legend, which are reflected in the
image and service. 5) Go to the Russian sauna - may be Sanduny :)
that's a culture!

You are welcome here!
See you very soon.

С уверенностью в успехе,

Евгения Шамис
Генеральный директор
Бюро тренинга и консалтинга "Personnel Touch"

Заряжаем энергией успеха!

+7 495 136 8862
+7 495 686 2522
www.personnelt.ru