OSonOS XiV --moscow on the hudson, whalewatching, who's coming

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Sun Jul 2 17:05:44 PDT 2006

12 days left to register for the OSonOS!

We need to submit the list of participants to the staff of the
conference site by July 15th. As with most municipal buildings, entry
is permitted only if you are on the list and can present an ID.

If you are not sure yet that you will participate but are more likely to go than not, please
register. It will make things much simpler for us.

Last year a new tradition began at the OSonOS in Halifax:
whalewatching.

And maybe the illusion of a language barrier (isn't
there just one language? what is its name?) has kept some
international participants from organizing whale-watching in Moscow
(tried goggling those two words?)

Well, whale-watching Moscow style is planned. We can't

***If you would like to join us for the whale-watching let us know. It'll be happening either the day
before the conference or the evening of the first day. More details
later.***

Also, if you haven't registered yet, you have until July 15th. After
that we enter new and unexplored levels of complexity. The conference
site is a municipal building and people can enter the conference area
only if you are on the list. Just showing up on the day of the
conference presents interesting possibilities.

Below is a list of those who have or will have registered as of July 1
Thomas Herrmann         Sweden
Gail West    Taiwan/USA
Birgitt Williams www.genuinecontact.com       USA
Ward Williams www.genuinecontact.com     USA
Brian S Bainbridge Australia
Carol Hiltner www.altaibooks.com USA
Jo Toepfer www.boscop.de        Germany
Wendy Farmer-O'Neil       Canada
Netra Kaphle   Nepal
Mussarrat Youssuf  Pakistan
Chandi Chapagain      Nepal
Funda Oral Turkey

Participants from Newly Independent States
Ludmila Ivanova Netherlands Economic Institute  Moscow
Oleg Borisov consultant      Moscow
Lidia Chukina National Guild of Professional Consultants    Moscow
Anna Klyotsina    St. Petersburg
Elvira Garifoulina  (Intertraining)        Moscow
Elena Miktas Ukraine
Elena Zimmerman Marketing Pro Magazine
Andrei Kolesnikov School of Business
Vera Vakulenko Intertraining
Katerina Pechurichko
Galina Tsarkova
Mikhail Pronin
Raffi Aftandelian

Best,
Raffi

p.s. Am I the only one remembering out loud this year about OSonOS XV?
Was it Istanbul, Tel Aviv, Kathmandu, Berkeley, Narva, Kiev? Anybody's
call if you ask me.

Glossary
"Moscow on the Hudson" = a film from the 1980's starring Robin
Williams. From imdb.com: "When a Russian musician defects in
Bloomingdale's department store in New York, he finds adjusting to American life more difficult than he imagined."