How do you respond to unsatisfying experiences of "open" space?

Glory Ressler on.the.edge at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 28 15:54:16 PST 2006

Hi Christy and all:
Further to the excellent advice of all who've responded, in my experience, I have used:

'No two opened spaces are the same and I sure hope that you'll give it another try sometime...'

'What would have made that space more open/complete/satisfying for you?' and/or 'What would it take to change your mind?'

... and when I'm really courageous:
'What prevented you from using your two feet?' (smile, wink - delivered lightly) and
'As you know, in OS we have the principle that whatever happens is the only thing that could have... and often the sort of discomfort that you felt is a sign that the 'system/issue' is straining for growth. Does this apply to your previous experience? Does your feeling provide any insight into that system/issue that you can use for positive change?'

Glory