IOA in Istanbul

avner avnerh at zahav.net.il
Sat Jan 21 10:46:34 PST 2006

Dear Funda

It looks like a promising beginning

Count me in

Avner
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Funda Oral
  To: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
  Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 6:39 PM
  Subject: IOA in Istanbul

  Now the second chapter :

  As some of you already know; we are planning to organize 3rd Interactive Organizations Conference in Istanbul in
  October or November 2006

  The team responsible of this project for now is : Me, Jo and Michael

  Our team in Istanbul now : Me, Sirin, Begum and Filiz

  Who else want to join us : Karolina wants, Avner, Carol are you joining us? and Bea? Boscop?

  Here is a project suggestion for you : the OSTlisters, OST Facilitators, OST funs, Consultants, anybody

  Those who need futher explanation about what is an IOA can check the Power of Spirit Book of Harrison.
  or they can share their definition or stories...( such as  "Improbable Principles" that Phelim had written here once)

  ( Harrison, i was telling about OST and you to a public rekations company here, they didin't like the fact that i was calling
  you Harrisoni they found it too informal..but i keep saying like that )

  My plan is to organize a series of OST meetings around these issues;

  I am also writing the teams that i thought, please don't get offended if yr name is or is not there, this is just
  names in my mind, you can add or delete your name.

  1- Religions, Cultures and Organization : how cultures and religions affected the way we organize ourselves?

  Harrison, Yawar, Eva, Karolina, Funda

  2- Countries, Nationalities and Organizations (???) , Citizen Participation

  Juan Luis, Jo, Juliana, Constanza, Marina

  3- How organizations affect our mind and bodies and vica versa , health and IAO, body as an IAO

  Marei, Begum, Gail, Richard, Chris

  4- Why we can not be an IAO? what are the obstacles? physchological ( fears, emotions?, our need for security ), physical ( walls, conflict of interests)

  5- Relationships : gender issues, history, stories

  Mia, Funda

  6- Family as an organization? How we bring up our children, IA ???

  7- Organizations and power, organizations and money issues, distribution of health, accounting in an IAO

  Holger, Lisa, Therese, Esther ( was it you who was coming to Istanbul with your husband who ws accountant?)

  8- IAO and MIS    ( Gabriela Ender)

  9- Art  and IAO (stage, exhibitions) ( Phelim and my favorite theater group here)

  10-City plans, architecture

  12- Judicial System as an IAO? ( Juliane Adler, Begum)

  13- Power Authorities as an IAO?

  14- Education system as an IAO ( Karolina, her school in Poland and my school in Istanbul )

  So officially it can be something like 5 days with 5 themes and unofficially it can be a life long event.

  The venue place in my mind is Ciragan Kempinsky Hotel; the best hotel in Istanbul, on the bosphorus an old palace that is an hotel now

  (Michael and Jo, i will take you there when you come, we will have a dinner there, as i promissed a dinner on the bosphorus to Jo 2
  2 years ago, they have vegeterian and everything)

  Everybody now,

  So what do you think? can we make a dish together? can we gather enough money? interest?, can we join our efforts for that?
  Would you help me with the wording of this project? Can we put all these in a better format ?

  For those who need some personal preparation for all these here are the movies you can watch :
  - Hable Con Ella
  - Gegenst The Wall
  - Crossing The Bridge

  Lots of love,