Keepin' Busy

EVERETT813 at aol.com EVERETT813 at aol.com
Tue Jan 17 20:25:06 PST 2006

In a message dated 1/17/06 7:15:32 PM, 76066.515 at compuserve.com writes:

> Paul, I just couldn't let this one slip through the conversation net. If it
> is true that when we meet we do not meet inside you nor inside me but
> rather in the space in between us, then there is a third possibility, that
> the story we live is one that is from between us, one we create in this
> moment. If we had met in some other moment, we'd have created some other
> story and had the opportunity, if we chose, to live that story, if only for
> a few minutes.
>
> Was it the great philosopher Joe Friday who said that there are a million
> stories...? <wink>

No argument, Doug.   IF we could meet in that space, genuinely meet there,
genuinely LIVE there, another possibility opens up, maybe many possibilities.
The issue I see is that the human consciousness isn't able to truly enter that
space I believe you are talking about and LIVE there.   The space of total,
unconditional love and acceptance on all parts of those there.   I've never
seen it sustained.   Never experienced it on a sustained basis despite having had
some fairly incredible numinous experiences of that state of being,
temporarily.

So, to me, it still comes down to our inability to be in a totally accepting
space wherein the 'stories' can be mutually sustaining.   I don't want my
children taught ID, which I regard as a abomination and total stupidity, nor do I
want to be forced to follow Islam, or Christianity, or Hinduism, or any other
"ism".   Unfortunately, the current state of mankind's consciousness doesn't
allow others to be different.   Just saw an interesting item on Anderson 360
about the Hasidic Jews in New York and how they control every aspect of folks'
lives.   Incredible.

No, we are a long, long way from Rumi's dream about meeting you there.   A
long way.   Likely millennia.   Not that it doesn't occasionally happen, it
isn't any space anyone lives in for very long.   jmho.

Be well,

Paul Everett