Keepin' Busy

EVERETT813 at aol.com EVERETT813 at aol.com
Tue Jan 17 14:12:24 PST 2006

In a message dated 1/14/06 8:33:15 AM, hhowen at verizon.net writes:

> Where we get in trouble, and the cart heads for the canyon is when we think
> we are in charge and attempt to gain control as in My Plan, My Way. And
> should MY Plan, and My Way take over, space shuts down, and life ceases. Just
> runs out of room.

Yes, indeed, Harrison.   Runs out of room (which is what most conflict is
about, lack of 'room').   As we discussed at the PoP a couple of years ago,
Joelle and I have been musing about this for some time.   If war is so terrible
(and most folks think it is but some enjoy it immensely) why are we not already
peaceful?   In our musings, we came to a place of some possible understanding.
 That is, the problem arises "Which story is going to be told?"   What do I
mean?

Well, are we going to insist that others believe as we do?   Or, are we able
to allow them to be themselves and us to be ourselves?   Will they do
likewise?   If we do, then where our lives meet, who's story is the one we will live
by?   Many conflicts in the US right now over Intelligent Design and Darwin's
Theory of Evolution.   Many conflicts in the world right now over whether we
will become Muslim or Christian or Agnostic or Spiritual or ????.   Many
conflicts as to what should be taught in our public schools.   Many conflicts over
land use, ecology, wealth use, etc.   Aye, there's the fundamental rub.   What
will we agree is the teachings we will give our children in every aspect of
life.   Many, many opportunities for open space there.

I, frankly, don't think this issue is resolvable at our current stage of
evolutionary consciousness.   Probably several more millennia before we figure
that one out, if we get the chance.   Not meaning to be dour about it, just
observing the facts of our current milieu.   So, I think OS is a great advance in
our ability to work with the natural flow of the Universe.   What (and when)
might be the next great advance?   Who knows?   We probably won't see such an
insight for some time and then it might come in the realm of consciousness
rather than action.   Just some speculative musings on my part.

With great respect,

Paul Everett