Keepin' Busy

Marei Kiele MareiKiele at web.de
Fri Jan 13 16:27:00 PST 2006

  "Harrison Owen" <hhowen at verizon.net> schrieb:

The operative power (as I see it) is the power of self organization, and I am therefore led to the conclusion that what you see in Open Space is the well functioning self-organizing system – which in turn is naturally productive of an appreciative approach, dialogue, and real community.

  Since some time I got a taste of "but that's not the essence - that is to technical" when reading about "the power is because of the self-organization.

 To me the essence of and the beauty of open space is based on the freedom and the total acceptance.

 "I am okay, you are okay" ~ whatever interest's or not interests me ~ I am okay. No need to pretend, no need to fake, no need to try to find out what is being expected from me. When I am in Open Space (or when I create my life in an Open Space way) I can honestly and fully be me. And by honestly and truly and fully being me, so much energy which in another environment would be spend on hiding, covering, protecting, self-controlling, justifying, argueing, fighting and fearing is being liberated. And all that energy is being used FOR something instead of AGAINST something. And all the energy being alive in me is aligned with who I am. Very powerful!

 AND by following the law, or in other words following what has heart and meaning for me, I get out of the mode of being thinking driven (mind) into feeling or intuitive mode ~ and by that acess whatever fits with you belief-system, calling it my higher self, my intuition, my inner wisdom. And together with other participants experiencing the same, following the same path, we all together reach another level of consciousness.

 THIS for me is the operative power of Open Space.

 Don't know if this works as an explanation for every client but I will try and share.

 And regarding your question, Harrison:
"And what are our obligations to the client and the participants? And to our selves?"

 My personal answer: There are no obligations. If we do what we really (= in our hearts) want to do, everything is fine.

 You wrote: "Part of me just can't wait to get on with this show. And there is another significant part of me that desperately wishes that they would decide that Open Space is a nice idea -- but not for them. As you say," a great gig for you to be able to say you turned down!"

What part is your hearts voice speaking?

 Marei