Not so frequently told stories

Tree Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 16:43:40 PST 2006

Sorry.  I don't think this note made it to the list earlier today . .
. but if it did, I apologize for the redundancy.

Well, Kevin, you already have your answer from the master but the fact
that you mentioned that you are going to be 'pitching' OS to a
(prospective?) client made me think of a conversation I had with Lisa
Heft, aka Access Queen, while standing in line to take a shower at a
small conference last spring.

Lisa was effervescing, as she is wont to do, and she said with a
lovely giggle and a twinkle in her eye that she sometimes felt like
telling clients and/or prospective clients that only her most evolved,
most sophisticated, most cutting-edge clients used OS.  Open space,
she opined dramatically, is not for everyone only the most forward
thinking.  I paraphrase Lisa and I am probably smooshing in a comment
or two from Christina Whitney Sanchez who was also ahead of me in that
shower line.

So, Kevin, if you are determineed to 'pitch' and 'spin', tell this
client that only the most visionary leaders can be trusted to use open
space.  Hesitate in front of your client, wondering if they are,
indeed, evolved enough.