missing mail?

Kate Armstrong 4pangaea at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 2 21:04:52 PST 2006

I tried e-mailing you directly, Eva, and got a "failure to deliver"
notice. A little more information/input for you, hopefully useful.

Regards,
Kate

Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 07:20:46 -0500
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: Harrison Owen <hhowen at verizon.net>
Subject: Re: missing mail?

My email address changed in December. The mysterious thing is the random
nature of it all. 99.9% of my mail goes through. Some doesn't. Given that I
don't understand how it could be my server. Sort of all or nothing kind of
thing??

ho

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!
hhowen at verizon.net
Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20854
Phone 301-365-2093
Skype hhowen
Personal website www.ho-image.com
OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives
Visit: www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html

this junk filtering might also be happening at the server level.  thiscould
be related to the server from which his mail comes, if some ofhis mailserver
neighbors are using their accounts for spamming.  ifso, he might have to ask
his ISP to ask others to take them off theblacklist.  it's kind of messy,
really, so hope that's not it.  iwonder if it started when he changed his
email address.  was that justa few months ago, harrison?  michael

On 1/2/06, Kate Armstrong <4pangaea at sbcglobal.net> wrote:> Eva,>> You might
try to email Harrison <hhowen at verizon.net> a "test" message,> and watch your
Inbox filters to make sure his new address is not> dumping his e-mails into
your (oh, no!) "Junk mail" file. You might> also check your "Junk mail" file
to see if his messages have been> stored there since he changed his address.
I do get notices with my ISP> indicating what my services sees as junk mail.