The Question of Openness

Jack Ricchiuto jack at designinglife.com
Mon Jan 2 12:45:10 PST 2006

This is a great discussion on boundaries, especially given the interesting
relationship of an open space to its ³boundaries.² Boundary in social and
other bio-based architectures can be a point of enclosure, entry, or
transition. At the boundary, familiar meets unfamiliar, known meets unknown,
heaven meets earth.

In open spaces I observe, I trust that if I interact with non-judgment and
non-interference, the group will discover and reinvent its own boundaries.
Often, this means what used to be enclosures becomes new entries and
transitions. And there is where the magic begins ...

Jack

jack ricchiuto
two.one.six/three.seven.three/seven.four.seven.five
www.designinglife.com / www.appreciativeleadership.com