How do you respond to unsatisfying experiences of "open" space?

Christy Lee-Engel cdleee at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 20:29:49 PST 2006

Hello dear open space friends,

What, if anything, do you say/do/think when someone says to you, "oh, I've
been to an Open Space Technology meeting before, and I didn't like it, and
wouldn't want to do it again,"

and upon gentle inquiry you discover that what they were told was "Open
Space" was not really so very open? And/or that something was missing (for
example, session summaries weren't posted or shared or compiled in a timely
way, or at all)?

And especially when the spaces in question were held by really wonderful
people (definitely possessing "good heads and good hearts") whom you like
very much?

thank you,
Christy Lee-Engel
Seattle