New York City OS evening (Stammtisch)

Laurence Berg lberg at AFSC.ORG
Tue Jan 3 07:40:35 PST 2006

Hi Marei,

Thanks for your thoughtful message.  I guess we'll be on the same schedule
this month for our gatherings.  It will be only a week or so before the OS
gathering here in New York, so I hope it will feed off and add to that
energy.

-Laurence

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 18:40:00 GMT, Marei Kiele <MareiKiele at web.de> wrote:

> Hello Laurence,
>
>great to hear it continues!
>
>Greetings from Germany, where in Bielefeld we have agreed to change the
date to Jan 9th, so people can enjoy longer holidays.

>The last time we met here in November, we chose a cafe with same extra
free space (waiters are paid differently and therefore more open over here
for people who self-organize than in most parts of the US as I have
learned) and we even had a "kind-of-open space" with a very short
introduction and ten people swarming out, meeting within two time slots
and for about seven topics all together). In January we will have the good
luck to get acess to the workplace of one participant, people bringing
food themselves; we felt that music and smoke in  he cafe (yeah! People
are allowed to smoke almost everywhere, that's the downside in German
cafes, at least for me..., ah, always something missing ;-)   ) were a
little disturbing to our exciting and meaningful conversations.

>Hope you get the chance to find a more quit place, too!
>
>And to you and everybody else on this wonderful, amazing, warming my
heart, exciting me again and again, fabulous list:

>Wishing you a very joyful New Years Eve, tomorrow, worth the special year
coming !!!

>I am looking forward to seeing you again next year, my family in spirit,
in Moscow and around the world,
>Marei
>

> "Laurence Berg" <mailto:lberg at AFSC.ORG> schrieb:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> If you are (have been or will be) in the New York area, you may be aware
>> that some folks are trying to get a regular gathering going of people
>> interested in OS.  Following the 'Stammtisch' approach suggested by our
>> German colleagues that is in use all over the OS world, we have been
>> meeting on the first Monday of each odd month.  September was the first
>> and November was the second.  Each time, the four principles and the one
>> law were in full force.
>>
>> I am, for the moment, something of an organizer of this, but it's all
very
>> new to me.  For example, I'm not sure if Stammtischers stick to the
>> schedule when it lands on holidays, etc. such as it would this time on
Jan