the 'os' weblog

Diane Brandon diane.brandon at comcast.net
Sun Jan 1 09:09:42 PST 2006

Harrison, I'm going to admit, online, that when you say things like "[OST] emerged full blown from a martini glass" - it's hard for me to read!

My knowing, and I think yours and others', is that OST was inspired, in-spirited, not from alcohol, but from something much better than that substance! Whether called "collective unconscious", "higher power", Creator, Goddess/God, Allah, The Great Spirit, or whatever....... these wonderful, universal thoughts are gifts to us all, through you and others who are good "receivers" of such thoughts.

Perhaps you are too humble to say that you receive inspiration from higher sources.

Perhaps you find yourself "receiving" better after a martini, and you are just joking about that - as you've done other times.

But it pains me, and I'm going to be honest about it, in this forum of honesty! In my years as an alcohol counselor, on college campuses and with adults, including Native Americans in Arizona, I saw way too much suffering around the use of alcohol to want to see it praised as the sources of great ideas.

With appreciation for people, and a passionate love of inspiration and great ideas,

Diane Brandon
Eliot, Maine

From: Harrison Owen <hhowen at verizon.net>