very short events - Re: Optimal Time-Slots

Barry Owen owengroup at comcast.net
Fri Feb 24 06:58:11 PST 2006

Ted,

I do a "class" for a local MBA program . . . once each semester. I open the
space as if it is a 2 day event - Post a time matrix for the full 2 days
with time and place post-its but no definitions of those times/places . . .
Open the market place - The first session is 20 minutes - Leaves time for a
short "closing/recap" . . . All done in 1.5 hours.

The participants (33 folks) post an average of 25-30 topics and never missed
a beat - Scheduled themselves all of those sessions to happen "after class"
. . . The professor reports back to me that the students actually did the
sessions and effected real change.

So it turns out being a small space that self-expands :-)

Barry Owen