Report available - Girl Scout Open Space for over 1,600 & Strategy Cafes for thousands more

Diane Brandon diane.brandon at comcast.net
Sun Feb 5 14:14:10 PST 2006

Christine and Claudia, Really nice ppt, and the websites that are
linked are loaded with information. I see www.GSUSA.org and
www.girlscouts.org/convention/conversationsummary.asp

Who did the report website, your company, or GSUSA?

I read some of the report sheets from individual sessions/tables. One
theme I saw is that local folks often don't trust the "corporate
leaders" of GSUSA to respect their knowledge, their voices, and some
wonder if these sessions will be "token" -- and whether their being
satisfied with things as they are locally "doesn't count," when the
national leadership wants change. Who "owns" the Girl Scouts, what
story does the money tell..... interesting.

I may have missed this (sorry) -- but did those that went to the OS &
WC events select them, or were they assigned to those sessions? Did I
read that there were maybe 10,000 people there all together? Do you
think that more "traditional" folks went to lecture/listen sessions,
and those who wanted to be heard selected the OS/WC sessions?

Were there conversations about the GS pledge and law?

It's all very thought provoking, and I look forward to reading more at
the website.

Diane Brandon
Eliot, Maine