OSonOSinOZ

Allison & Jim Baensch mbody at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 23 12:16:00 PST 2006

Hi All,
OSonOSinOZ was good for me too.
It got me in the mood me to think about nothing.

In Ortho-Bionomy, the gentle bodywork I practise, doing nothing is
important.
A bumper sticker about Ortho-Bionomy in the US says: "Ortho-
Bionomists do nothing better."
OB practitioners hold space for the client's body (and our own, as it
happens) to work out its own issues and opportunities.
The body is, after all, a complex, adaptive, emergent system.
The founder of Ortho-Bionomy, Arthur Lincoln Pauls, used to say that
transformation happens "between the notes", just as in music.

I like how OST was set up to have many qualities of a coffee break
and still so much happens during OST breaks for meals, coffee, sleep
etc.
With the OSonOSinOZ this week, I learned as much as I would at many
another conference within the first few minutes.
And that was while having a cuppa before the space was officially
opened on the first day!

Open Space and OB are both described by Australian cartoonist and
philosopher Michael Leunig's poem in his book The Prayer Tree:
Let it go. Let it out. Let it all unravel. Let it free and it can be
a path on which to travel.
Cheers,
Allison.
(There's a glorious mauve, pink and gold sunrise at the moment in
Clifton Springs)