Poetry in portuguese?

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Feb 13 11:41:17 PST 2006

Bom dia, todos -

Artur wrote, in response to my being nominated as the current OSLIST Poet
Laureate:

<I normally don't follow this context as it is not easy, as you know, to
fully understand poetry in a foreign language.  But I always read
announcements of the results.  And congratulations, Lisa.  Should I be a
voter, and you would have had all my virtual dots. Beijos, Artur>

Well Artur, I am truly honored.  And I send you my virtual - and actual -
dots in friendship and appreciation.

Your ability to write in English is so amazing.  And yet poetry, and
satirical at that, can be hard to understand indeed, even for those of us
who are reading it in our home language.

I know that poetry is everywhere.  Who would like to share a poem in
portuguese, for anyone on this list who speaks and would like to read poetry
in that beautiful language?  Would any of you (including you, dear Artur)
like to share a poem about

breath,

trust,

life,

invitation,

conversation,

spirit (little 's' for Artur),

circles,

wonder.

.or any other element that is also an element of Open Space?

I look forward to it.

Beijitos,

Lisa

(please - no web-based translation of a poem from another language - those
things come up with humorous, but not correct, words.)

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator

O p e n i n g  S p a c e

Berkeley, California, USA