SV: Moving to action

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Tue Dec 12 05:23:20 PST 2006

Dear friends in Open Space
Thanks Diana for sharing an interesting approach to convergence - there are
so many ways to do this!

I usually use either the re-opening approach or just have a large paper on
the wall (headings: Issue I want to work furhter on. Name. Others who wish
to join.). The latter especially in shorter events, maybe even events that
are not primalily for action but more to exchange experiences around some
issue - just in case anyone found something...

I have a bit of a dilemma around when to use the two different approaches. I
think the writing on the wall (usually done during time for reading/often
combined with prioritization voting) is less demanding/less resistance and
may produce more actions at times, but the quantity I guess is not the most
important...

The re-opening is more about "is there any real passion to move things
further", I think, and is probably more often followed through on. I love
it, but at times it has been a bit overwhelming - and not produced more than
a few initiatives. OK, I know that that was it when it comes to the real
passion, and whatever happens...and when it?s over... but anyhow.

So I wonder if any of you have thought this through more.
Warm regards
Thomas Herrmann