actors open space races - south bank budget up to 18 tn $

Chris Macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 11:29:52 PST 2006

As you may know, Her Majesty's Treasury has "Sternly" committed 18 trillion
dollars to have a last shot at turning round climate crisis. I have been told
by our readers and dad's open science advisers since 1984 (see footnote) that
only photosynthesis from the grassroots up and entrepreneurially enabling
everyone to be a changemaker has a bat in hell's chance. And, as Americans
escaping from Texas home rule, we applaud such echoes as green is the next red
white and blue; and participant productions now make Inconvenient Truths the
summer's hottest box office success

By some quirk of commonwealth good fortune a travelling player from Canada has
brought his photosynthesis architects over to London and they have been
promised space on the south bank adjacent to the national theatre as long as
they can keep the festivities going. A group of 30 corporations has pledged to
support London's newest attraction as an 007 good deed

It would be fun if we can keep the advance bookings going to Olympics 2012
because the risks are that far dirtier things that photosynthesis will eat up
climate energies budget unless all the people become sunshine's right people
and lifes' less fretful strolling players

Serious photosythesisers or open space actors are most welcome to interact
with my canadian in London friend whose got the somewhat daunting Xmas present
of connecting any network who wants to empower the south bank space, launching
in March for as long as the shows stay open

wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
-chris macrae , world class branding network est 1991
http://crisisclimate.tv  http://up200.tv http://futurehistorian.tv

>From chapter 16 of Death of Distance Future History book published 1984 in 5
languages co-authored by Norman Macrae & Chris Macrae:

End of chapter 16:
Sunlight is the fuel which sustains life on earth. The process by which plants
extract energy from sunlight, using that energy to build up complex compounds
from simpler ones and thereby storing the energy which animals, including
humans, use to grow and move and see and think is the life-process itself. We
(human beings) have always exploited that life-process, but in the past we
have only been able to do so by using living plants as our agents. We learned
to cultivate them, develop them by selective breeding, and since the 1980s to
meddle with their genes, but we have not yet learned to substitute something
of our own making for the living plant. We have not found or made a more
efficient substitute for chlorophyll itself outside the naturally-occurring
factory which is the living cell.

Until we design our own systems which can deploy the energy of sunlight as
efficiently as humble algae does, we humans have no real biotechnology of our
own. We have many kinds of solar cells which can extract energy from the
sunlight and store is as electricity or heat, but such devices are very crude
indeed beside the technical sophistication and versatility of living plants.

We are making a determined effort to capture and use a greater fraction of the
solar energy which falls upon the face of the earth every day. We are trying
to make plants flourish in spaces where at present they can only eke out the
most precarious of existence. The ideal situation, however, would be one in
which we did not need to work so hard to adapt existing plants to more hostile
conditions. If we had our own artificial systems of photosynthesis we might
exploit the desert sun ourselves, without using other organisms as
intermediaries. Our ultimate ambition must be to make artificial
photosynthetic systems more efficient than those which have evolved alongside
side us throughout the history of life on earth. Then and only then will we be
able to claim that we are technologically self-sufficient. In 2024, this looks
as if it might be one of our children's tasks.