Question - using a wiki to post OS topics before Opening the Space

Deborah Hartmann deborah at hartmann.net
Sun Dec 31 19:09:59 PST 2006

Hello All! Happy New Year!

A question for you: I've seen a couple of conferences use a wiki, in
advance, to let people declare topics they think they might propose for
discussion.

As a facilitator, I balked at this. Now, as a sponsor, I see two sides
of it: on the one hand, it could encourage people to attend, and help
them think about their own topics. On the other hand, it happens before
opening the space, and could undermine the self-organization that
normally happens after the opening.

Has anyone thought about this? What are your own reflections?
Thanks
deb

--

Deborah Hartmann