OST for Office Conflict. Yes or No?

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Wed Aug 30 21:15:15 PDT 2006

Elwin--

Paul and I opened space with a group who chose a similar theme to what you
propose--we were gratified that many difficult topics were posted and discussed,
including the difficult management style of a mid-level manager who had
chosen not to be present.   Lots of recommendations that pretty much demanded that
the leadership team take action.

You AND your sponsors will have to be prepared to be surprised.   I believe
that just creating an opportunity for subjects of choice to be talked about
openly will make a difference.

In another context, a key staff member resigned (to move to another city) the
night before I facilitated an all-day meeting with the group.   They decided
to begin by developing hiring criteria for replacing the person who was
leaving, and future new hires.   The hour or two they spent on that conversation has
proved to be a wonderful investment in their more-joyful future.

Best of luck--I know that they called you on this assignment for good reason!

Joelle