introduction

Michael Brown michael_j_brown1 at msn.com
Wed Aug 30 18:27:29 PDT 2006

Please take me off this list -- Mike Brown

Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:28:55 -0400
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: douglas germann <76066.515 at compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: OST for Office Conflict. Yes or No?

Elwin--

A few years back before I knew about OS, I had a similar event. We had
10 or 12 employees and there was one bad boy--who happened to be the
boyfriend of the mother of one of the owners of the business!

We called a listening stick circle. I gave them some questions for warm
up like "Tell us what you would do if you had a free day and money and
freedom enough to do anything."

Then after one or two of those we got into something along the lines of
"How can we work better together?" It went around the circle with a mix
of These are my best friends in the world, If there were a need in
another department, I'd jump right in, and Well, if the boss asked me I
would help out, but not on my own initiative. It came around to the bad
boy near the end and he let it be known he didn't much care for the
other folks. And they didn't act too upset by that. No blows, but people
pretty much knew where everyone else stood.

I called my client a week later and the bad boy had resigned his job.

Not exactly Open Space, but not exactly a firing either.

				:- Doug. Germann
				What wants to happen in your
				 communities?