Advanced Butterfly Behavior/ collective butterfly and invitation

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Fri Aug 18 10:53:25 PDT 2006

Dear all,
I have been following this conversation with interest.

Between the lines in some messages, I am hearing an expectation around other people's
behavior in OST meetings and in the os of life.

Isn't OST and os in part about the fact that there *are* no rules?
Maybe there is just one Law, a law of Spirit? And if you don't follow
the law of Spirit there are consequences, but that is the individual's
choice and responsibility.

Conscious invitation makes ost/os very powerful. And the practice of
invitation is an invitation, and probably not a rule, given, or a
realistic expectation.

And while we are on the subject of invitations, I have not seen many invitations (or meeting topics) to OST events that truly inspired me.
Maybe because this is such a new practice. And maybe being exclusive
is a pattern to break out of.

Being a bit exclusive is not how I like to play in os/ost usually. And
of course, most people would be distraught by not being invited.

But for me one of the big big beauties of os/ost is that we don't have to play "fair" or
"nice", we can  be "culturally mature," a guru, really disruptive, or whatever.
And it's fine (and a wee bit funny, too).

Now I am wondering, what *is* advanced butterflying? And what *is*
advanced bumblebeeing? I ask because I think one of the things you
were getting at Peggy, as way Mark, is that participation in conscious
os/ost is an acquired skill/art such that it changes the form and
possibly essence of os/ost.

just flying through,
raffi

                          mailto:raffi at bk.ru